Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Go frogs!

Last Friday we hosted a backyard barbecue to kick off the first TCU home game of the season. Several of our closest friends gathered to enjoy some smoked brisket, grilled sausage and chicken along with all the appropriate accoutrements. The rain was threatening us all afternoon and into the evening but it didn't put a dent in our fun. A steady sprinkle is no match for our friends.

Michele, Lisa, Linds & I

Sic 'em Bears!

Trey & Clark

Dustin & Vern

Bornitz & Ryan

Yummy and festive peanut butter/chocolate rice crispy treat footballs
compliments of Ms. Goode.

Saturday I woke up around 8:45 to a phone call, letting me know that it was time to get up and go to breakfast, that the baby was hungry...thanks Lisa. After a great meal at Swiss Pastry Shop with Ryan and Lisa, I went right back to bed until early afternoon. We got to the tailgates around 4:30 and had a great afternoon/evening of football. The game was stressful but a great way to kick off the fall. Both the Frogs and Longhorns had wins this weekend so Clark was a happy camper.

Stadium at sunset.
Clark with Superfrog!


Linds, Michele, Lisa, Whitney & I

Lisa brought me a plethora of non alcoholic beverages. My favorite: Fanta.

Happy fall to all. I think it's ironic that today is the first day of fall and the weather actually coincides with the season. I have never looked forward to fall and winter as much as I am this year for some reason. I am so excited about the coming months and the changes that are going on in the Rucker home!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

party sounds so fun! i bet all that food was delicious! and...i love that skirt you are wearing with that cute ruffle!

Wynne Elder said...

so proud of you for the sic em bears pic with ed! WHEW! go bears...even though we lost. we are still awesome. by the way, you look AMAZING preggo can't even tell yet. I'm ready for that baby to show itself. love you!