Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Girl's Weekend!

Over the weekend, Alli, Julie, Wynne, Mandy and I got together in Fort Worth. Friday night we went to Grady's for an amazing dinner. I have been wanting to try it for a while so I was really excited when Mandy suggested it. The meal did not disappoint. We all left so full and fulfilled.

After dinner, we went back to my house to meet up with Alli since she was driving in from Houston after work. We sat outside for the remainder of the night and drank wine. It was so nice. Taylor came over after his baseball game and Clark joined us too before we called it a night.

Saturday, we went to lunch at The Lunch Box. I have driven by this place on Camp Bowie numerous times and was excited to try it out. The decor was all green and yellow, just like Baylor and it reminded me of a more casual tea room. I had the quiche and it was yummy. After lunch, we went to Mandy's in law's house to swim and layout for the remainder of the afternoon.

Alli, Mandy, Wynne & I at lunch
Mandy & I
Wynne & Alli

Julie was joining us later in the afternoon because she ran a 15K that morning in Dallas so she spent most of the day resting from that. We were all very impressed with her accomplishment! Once she arrived, we got ready to go to Joe T's for dinner. We got there around 8pm and it was packed. I have never seen the line for the patio so long. It took us about an hour to get through it but we had a great time catching up while we waited. Dinner was awesome and we had plenty of left overs for Clark to enjoy.
We headed to 8.0s after dinner for some good people watching and live music. We found a table right by the stage and we had so much fun making new friends (Julie) and dancing to the awesome band. It felt like we were at a wedding reception.

Mandy, Julie, Wynne, Alli & I waiting in line at Joe T's



All in all, it was a much needed fun weekend. Sunday was spent sitting on my couch all day and watching movies. Clark and I ordered pizza and watched the rest of Season 4 of Weeds.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

what a fun weekend! i think you definitely hit the high notes around town :)
glad you tried lunch box. i'll go any time! yum.

Scar said...

Tears streaming....
Ya'll look absolutely gorgeous in every picture!