Monday, January 25, 2010

My Husband the Handy Man

Who knew that Clark could be so handy? After talking about it for a year or so, Clark and I finally put shelving in the dining room closet. Our house was built in 1946 and used to be one story. The dining room was at one point the sole bedroom and thus has a great closet. Unfortunately, before last weekend, there was not a lot of storage in the closet and it became a messy catchall of randomness. We went to Home Depot after church on Sunday and picked out the wire units and shelve/drawer combos that we wanted and brought them home to install.

Clark worked all afternoon to get it perfect and when I got home it was complete. We were able to clean out kitchen cabinets and the pantry in order to free up space for baby goods. I don't brag on Clark enough and I just wanted to take the opportunity to do so. He has been so patient and helpful in seeing out my "visions" for the house before baby arrives :)Below is the finished product!
On Saturday, our friends Jen and Harrison came in town to have lunch with us. We went to Tillmans Roadhouse and all 4 split the "Hangover Platter." No, I was not hungover but it was delicious. Harrison was upset that he has yet to make the blog (the fact that I haven't seen him in over a year should provide a pretty good excuse). Anyway, here he is posing with Bailey. She loves him.

Happy Monday to everyone. I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: