Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Family Time

Whoa! I know, 2 posts in 2 days. I am officially an overachiever.
After Ali and Nick's wedding, Clark and I were fortunate enough to be able to spend Mother's Day with my mom and Brother. We drove to San Marcos (halfway between SA and Austin) and had a very nice Lunch at Palmer's. It really worked out perfect that we were able to meet up and spend the day with my mom. I got her tickets to see Wicked when it comes to SA in June. I am so excited to see it again as all I listen to on my ipod since we saw it in NY in Feb is the soundtrack. Here are some pics from Mother's Day:
Clark, me, Mom and Dustin

Mom & Dustin

This last weekend, May 16th, Dustin Rucker graduated from College! I was in DC all last week and flew in on Friday night. Early early (4:30am early) Clark and I loaded up the dogs and headed to College Station, Texas. We dropped the dogs off at the hotel in time to make it to the ceremony which started at 9am. Pics of the ceremony:

Clark, fully engaged in the graduation.

Dustin crossing the stage!!

Unlike Clark, I was smart enough to bring a book to the 3 hour event. I have read two of Jodi Picoult's books this week, My Sister's Keeper and 19 Minutes. They were both so so good and I have never cried so hard in a book as I did in My Sister's Keeper. I would recommend both of these books, they are filled with heavy content but they were very easy reads.

We went over to Dustin's house before we ate and snapped some pictures and then later that night we had a fabulous dinner at The Republic. We went and had some brunch Sunday morning and headed back to Fort Worth.

The fam in Dustin's Backyard

You know you are a Rucker if you like Whiskey.

It feels so great to be home for a few days before heading out of town on and off the next couple of weeks. Lot's of TV to catch up on and quality time with Bailey and Piper. We are very excited about Aaron and Amy's wedding this weekend and the opportunity to spend a lot of time with our friends Scott and Sarah!

2 comments:

Haddy said...

Cute pics...I miss you!

Lindsey said...

i'm so glad you got that funny pic of clark sleeping!