Thursday, May 7, 2009

Playing catch up...

Sorry sorry sorry. I know it has been too long and I have zero excuses. The last week and a half have been super busy so finding the time to write between catching up on Gossip Girl and Desperate Housewives have been scarce to say the least. But alas, here I am. I am going to try to work my way backwards starting with last weekend.
On Friday afternoon/evening, we drove with Ed, Haddy and Lindsay to the Kummer's lakehouse in Horseshoe Bay. Lake LBJ is one of my favorite places and it is where Clark and I got married. The Kummer's also got married there and so have a couple of our other friends so it's nice to have something like that in common. We arrived around 9pm and hung out by the lake the remainder of the night. Saturday morning we woke up and started the day off with some Charger Re-chargers. They are biscuits that are flattened out and stuffed with cooked breakfast sausage and cheese then cooked. They were amazing and I had way too many over the course of the weekend. Like, waayyyy too many.
The whole weekend was great and it was nice to get away. The Kummer's were excellent hosts and we had a fantastic time.


Here are some of the pictures from the weekend:

Games in the lake

Linds & I on the boat

Haddy showing off her skills

Linds and I

Channeling our inner spiderman

And spiderwoman...

Acrobatics
Linds & Haddy

The Boys

On the way back from the lake I got a great surprise from my friend Alli. Her husband Taylor is playing for the FW Cats Baseball team and she was coming in town to see him pitch. We went to Gloria's that night for dinner and then stayed up late talking and catching up. It was great to spend some time with them and to have them stay at our home. It was a lot of fun to go to the game the next night and see him play. I am so excited about going to games all summer!

Taylor pitching. He did so well!

3 comments:

Wynne Elder said...

Yeah for Taylor and yeah for HSB! I am so jealous when we go without each other. just not the same. sorry I haven't called you back from our convo the other day - we were at home sick all weekend...boo, but feeling great now! let's phone date this week. love you!

alli.parker said...

we had the best time...thank you for being the greatest hostess! love you!

Lindsey said...

y'all are hilarious!!!! i absolutely love the spiderman and acrobatics!! classic!