Monday, May 18, 2009

Mr. & Mrs. Nixon

I am starting to notice I am about a week behind on all my blogging. Work has been really busy lately and I have been/will be out of town quite a bit for the next couple of weeks. Excuses aside, I am ready to write about Ali and Nick's wedding weekend. I flew into Austin on Thursday night and had a wonderful dinner with my friend Scarlett. After that, we met up with some friends at Key Bar but called it an early night as I had a busy weekend ahead of me. Friday morning, Ali had arranged a mani/pedi brunch for the bridal party. We snacked on Chicken Salad and drank mimosas during the relaxing afternoon before the rehearsal.
Me with the Bride
It was a Catholic wedding in a beautiful church in downtown Austin. The rehearsal was easy, the wedding coordinator was as strict (mean) as they come but she kept us in line and got the job done quickly. The Rehearsal dinner was really great. It was at Carmelos, also in downtown Austin. There was a great slide show that Mr. Nixon put together and plenty of toasts were given throughout the night.
Rehearsal
Dinner

After the Rehearsal concluded, we met up with some of our Austin friends at 311 (on sixth) to closeout the night: 311
Heather and I
Her Boyfriend Bradley
Scott, Trent and I
Wedding Day! I reported to the Bride's conference room at 8 am to start getting ready for the 2pm ceremony. I had created an Ali's Getting Married Mix that we listened to all morning. We had hair and makeup and Ali gave us our Bridesmaids gifts. It was a great idea and something that I have never seen done before. Basically, she commissioned a jewelry designer and told her a little bit about each of us, then the designer created individual pieces based on each of our personalities. Mine was perfect and exactly like something that I would buy. Here are some pics of us getting ready that morning.
"I'm getting married!"


We took pictures at the church and were sequestered into a little, un-airconditioned room far from the chapel. It was so hot but luckily we didn't have to wait long before getting lined up. Ali was a beautiful bride and the ceremony went great. There was a lot of up down and I was certain I was going to slip on the marble at some point but all in all, everything went smoothly. From the ceremony, we were loaded back on the bus and shuttled to the Four Seasons, where the reception was to be held. They had passed mojitos which were amazing and some yummy hors d'oeuvres. The band was great and the ballroom looked so pretty. We had a great time. Pics Below:
Right before...
Mr. and Mrs. Nixon
Clark & Dustin



Getting married this weekend! Amy and Aaron

The cake was so good!
Of course, Clark found a tambourine...

Hoping to catch the bouquet.


Congratulations!!!

No comments: