Tuesday, October 27, 2009

BU Homecoming!

Last weekend, I left Clark and the puppies and traveled south on I-35 to Waco for the 100th Anniversary of Baylor Homecoming (the oldest homecoming in the nation). I met Alli, Wynne and Scarlett there for a great weekend filled with good food and fun times. Friday, Alli and I met around 3 and had a Viteks Gut Pack for lunch. YUM.
Alli with her Gut Pack
After that we shopped around and got manicures while waiting for Wynne to get in town (we were staying with her parents). Once we checked in to Chateau Trippet, we quickly freshened up before heading to Pigskin Review (think a fraternity and sorority themed episode of Glee). The bonfire was next on the list of Trippet Family homecoming traditions. We didn't actually stay for the lighting of said bonfire, but we saw the fireworks and the smoke as we walked back to the car so that counts...

Alli, Wynne & I at the Bonfire
Next stop, Georges. I have blogged about my love for this fried food establishment in the past but this time was a little different as I believe this was a first for me at Georges...no big "O" Very sad for me but the food more than made up for it. We got home and called it a night as we had to get up early for the BU Homecoming Parade. Now, I was at Baylor as a student for 5 Falls, thus 5 homecomings, and I never made it to the Parade. BUT as an honorary Trippet for the day, that was the first stop on the Saturday agenda. Up next, Pi Phi Breakfast. Nothing really to say about this. I had some fruit and felt insanely old.

Scarlett & I at George's
Alli, Scarlett, Wynne & I at the Parade
At the Pi Phi Breakfast

I then attended my 6th Baylor Football game ever. It was beautiful weather out and it was great walking around especially now that you can tailgate. I know right?! Tailgating at Baylor. Sounds like an oxymoron to me. Baylor sadly lost but we are confident for next season...

Alli, Wynne & I at the football game
Stephen & Wynne (He's so excited the Aggies won)
~Stephen was a great sport all weekend and
took great care of all of us girls!~
All in all, it was a fabulous weekend with great friends. I had so much fun and it was nice to get back early on Sunday to be lazy for the rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

Wynne Elder said...

LOVE the post - you captured the weekend well. I need to point people to your blog, you have some better pics :) sent them to me when you can. so glad you were an honorary trippet for the weekend :)love you!! thank you Clark for loaning your wife to me

alli.parker said...

Ah - love all the pics! SUCH a fun weekend! Miss you already!!