Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's a......

GIRL!!!
Yesterday, Clark and I had the big 20 week ultrasound. At this appointment, they measure all of the baby's major organs to make sure everything is on schedule and looking good. This is also the appointment where they can usually tell you what the baby is. Of course we opted to find out because both of us have the patience of a 3 year old and I am a planner and need to know these things. Well, we are going to have a daughter and I couldn't be more excited.

Last night, we had our FW friends over to reveal the gender to them. I made cupcakes that day and cut out the center with an apple corer to fill the middle with pink icing. We had everyone pick a cupcake, either blue for boy or pink for girl. At the same time we had everyone bite into them to announce, girl or boy! There were lots of surprised people since I think the majority were thinking it would be a boy. Here are some pictures from the party!

The cupcakes!
Picking out their team colors.
Everyone with their selections!Team Pink (Michele picked up the wrong color)
They were wrong!
It's Pink!
Clark surprised me with some pink flowers!
The girls!
Clark & I
This weekend I am off to Waco for Baylor homecoming!! Alli and I are staying with Wynne and her family and partaking in a very Trippet Homecoming. I will be attending, for the first time, the parade and the pi phi alum breakfast. We are also going to pigskin on Friday night and the bonfire (and Georges obvi). Can't wait! Sic 'Em!!

4 comments:

Ali Nixon said...

I would have been on team PINK! SOOOOOOOOOO excited.

Haddy said...

WOOOHOO!!! I was on team blue - but am very excited it is a girl. Love you guys. Let's start shopping!

Lindsey said...

So glad I was on the winning PINK team! :) We can't wait to meet Baby Girl Rucker! She is so loved already!

Wynne Elder said...

YEAH!!!!! I am so excited for little baby girl Rucker. praying for her already :) CAN"T WAIT to see you this weekend for your first Trippet family baylor homecoming....get ready for one of the BEST traditions, and one of my favorite weekends of the year :) can't wait to see you!!!