Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekend in Austin

What a great weekend! On Friday, Clark and I traveled down I-35 towards Austin. We lived there for 3 years when we first got married and while Clark was in Law School. Unfortunately, We don't make it down there often so we were happy to plan a weekend with friends and to see Clark's beloved Horns play. Our friend Scott graciously offered us the guest room in his nice new house so we had a very comfortable home base. On Friday night, we rolled into town around 8pm and headed straight for Vivo to meet Scott, John and Brigid for some tex-mex. The food did not disappoint as I cleaned my plate in its entirety. I blame the baby.

After dinner, we went over to a friend's house for a Golf-themed party. The house was amazing and they have a putting green in the backyard which provided the perfect backdrop for the festivities. It was great catching up with some old friends!

Robert & Clark
Brigid & I
Scott, John, Clark & Trent


On Saturday, Clark and I woke up to the amazing sound and smell of breakfast tacos. Brigid, had graciously gone out to pick up Torchy's Tacos for us. Torchy's is a new addition to Austin since we left but they were amazing. Where else can you get a fried avocado or fried chicken breakfast taco??? YUM. It was the perfect way to kick off a game day.
After we ate, Clark and I drove to San Marcos to have lunch with my mom and my brother at Herbert's Taco Hut (are we seeing a theme here?) Clark somehow managed to consume 3 more breakfast tacos...when in Rome I suppose. After lunch, we headed back to Austin and got ready for the game.
We headed to the tailgates around 4 and hung out with some friends for a while before meeting up with The Papermasters to get to our seats. They invited us to their suite to watch the game which was so nice because it was freezing outside and the thought of standing for 4 hours didn't seem too appealing. I did find it funny though that in order to get to their suite, we had to present our tickets about 10 times, seriously. The security was tougher than any airport...
The game was great and it was so nice to catch up with our good friends. They are some of the nicest people that we know and it is always great spending time with them! After a game that was much more stressful than it should have been, we headed home to bed!
Sisters Blackwood!
At the Tailgate
Great seats!
Amy & I
Clark & Aaron
The Ruckers with The Papermasters!
Baby Update: Only 1 week until we find out the gender! So excited. For about a week now, I have started to feel the baby start to kick. It feels like little bubbles or popcorn popping. Such a neat feeling! Last night, it was kicking in the same place so I put my hand there and pushed down a little bit and then I could feel it kick with my hand too! I tried to wake up Clark (it was about 1 am-been having trouble sleeping) but he just made some noise and rolled over...lame.
I can't wait to feel those kicks all the time!

1 comment:

Wynne Elder said...

great post - sounds like a fun filled mexican eating weekend. wish we could have all been in Austin together like old times. love you friend!!