Thursday, March 18, 2010

Harper Kyle Rucker

Harper Kyle Rucker was born March 16th, 2010 at 5:39pm. She weighs 7lbs 10oz and is 20.5" long. After the epidural, the delivery was smooth sailing. Seriously, I have been to many a spa but those all pale in comparison to the relaxation I felt with an epidural. Did I mention I got to have not one, but TWO? The first one didn't work but the second one sure did and it was well worth it.
Harper's birth was such an unbelievable moment. I could not and still cannot believe that our family is now complete and that we are parents. It's exciting/overwhelming/scary all wrapped into one but I wouldn't trade it. She is such a perfect little girl.
Clark has been absolutely perfect throughout everything. So attentive to both me and Harper. It has been great to see him take on the role as dad and it has made me realize how lucky I am to be his wife. Here are the pictures below. I have tried to upload some to facebook but they won't let me for some reason. Hopefully there will be more online soon. Meet, Harper!


Right before heading to the hospital! 39 Weeks 6 Days
Contractions started, let the fun begin! Lisa sitting with me.

Harper's first photo! Love at first sight!
Clark is smitten.
Harper with my mom
Harper with her Uncle Dustin
First family photo. Looking a little rough.
Lindsay, Lisa and I
Clark's dad and Harper
Rev. Doctor Tommy Potter provided a blessing.
My AMAZING OB, Dr. Wiley.
Claire, Caroline, Lisa, Harper and I
Big Strettttttttttch!

Do you see all that hair?! It's like a golden brown but it's no wonder I had acid reflux for the first time in my life for the last couple of months. No fun!
Chewing on daddy's shirt

4 comments:

alli.parker said...

harper is just perfect...so beautiful! i can't wait to meet her! love you both!

Wynne Elder said...

words can't express! she is so beautiful. so happy for this new addition to your family! she is going to bring you so much joy- I can already tell! love you all!!! can't wait to take some pictures of harper soon :) tell her her to get ready for her picture-obsessed aunt wynne!

Unknown said...

Harper is gorgeous! I cannot wait to meet her!!!

Unknown said...

That is probably the most amazing thing I have ever seen! Congrats Clark and Becca, I am so happy for the both of you.----Rojas