Monday, March 23, 2009

So I'm a 15 year old teenage girl...

This weekend was fantastic. I started off going to Houston Friday evening to meet up with Lecie and some of her friends to go see Taylor Swift at the Rodeo. I LOVE Taylor Swift FYI so it was quite a treat that we got to watch her out of a fancy suite that had a delicious buffet complete with andouille sausage mac n' cheese and ice cream cart (served in pink cowboy hats no less). After watching a couple of hours of Bull Riding, Barrel Racing and countless other activities that Peta would be sure to shun, the lights went out and there was a noise so deafening I literally had to scream in order to "talk" to the person next to me. It was time for Taylor to take the stage. I have never heard anything like it. I think there were about 73,000 people (teenagers) in Reliant that night, the biggest crowd she had ever performed in front of and it showed, not because of her performance, but because of the sheer awe that was broadcasted across her face the entire show. It was completely refreshing to see a young star be so humbled by the number of people that had come out to support her and she did not disappoint. Aside from the excessive head banging/hair thrashing that Taylor was doing the entire time, It was an incredible concert; one of the best I have been to. Here are some pics from the rest of Friday night:

The girls with our Ice Cream Bowls

Lecie and I

While Friday night could have easily been enough fun for me last weekend, upon returning to Fort Worth Saturday morning, I had to immediately prepare for a fun crawfish boil! Late afternoon, we were invited to Susan and Jessica Millers gorgeous house for some mudbugs and libations. Now, I am not a huge fan of the actual crawfish, I tend to stick with the potatoes and mushrooms that are boiled with them, but it was all so good. The best thing I ate that night though were these cream cheese, parm and sausage stuffed and baked jalapenos (350 for 20 minutes fyi). They changed my life and I am a better person today because of them.

We played flip cup for a while and had a dance party towards the end of the night. The weather was perfect and the company was even better. All in all, I think it is in my top 5 of fun nights spent in Fort Worth since moving here. I forgot to take my camera with me to this shindig but Haddy took plenty of pictures. If only she could find her camera now...

Update: She found it! Click here to view Haddy's pics http://doesfwevercrossyourmind.blogspot.com/2009/03/crawfish-boil.html

2 comments:

Haddy said...

we are back in action!!! the camera has been found....

Wynne Elder said...

ok, a - I hadn't read your blog in a while and I just caught up. feel like we are besties again. i miss you. you have had SUCH a busy few weeks. i'm so jealous you went to TAYLOR! ahh!! i love her. actually, MH was there too!!! how crazy?!