Sunday, March 29, 2009

Keystone

This week was so much fun. Because of all of the snow and the bad conditions on the road, we decided to ski at Keystone because it was only 5 miles down the road from our house. It was really nice and there weren't that many people there due to the weather. On day 1, Cody, Ryan, Lindsay and I went to ski (Haddy and Ed went to fly fish). It was about 15 degrees, snowing and super windy but we didn't care. We got separated from Ryan somehow in the beginning so Cody led Lindsay and I around the slopes. He tricked us into going on the backside of the mountain where there were only blues and blacks. This is only the second time I have skied in my life so doing blues is still a little scary. Or a lot scary. Cody would give Lindsay and I about a 5 minute head start and watch us fall from above before skiing to come and help us up. I'm sure he was laughing at us the whole time watching us "ski" cautiously and slowly down the mountain before flying by us.

That night we were all exhausted and cold so we decided to order pizza from a local place. It was delicious and just what we needed after an activity filled day. After eating, we were all exhausted. We put on Superbad but one by one fell fast asleep.

The next day, we decided to ski Keystone again. We went a little bit later because Lisa was coming in that morning which worked out perfectly because we were moving slow that morning. Keystone is great because they have night skiing and the slopes stay open until 8 so we still had plenty of ski time. Ed and Haddy came with us today too which was great. It was Ed's first time to ever ski so we were all trying to give him some tips. On his first trip down the mountain, he didn't fall once and he ended up on a blue to the base of the mountain. We were all very impressed. After an afternoon of skiing we decided we were all in need of an after ski beverage. We sat out on the patio and enjoyed a cold beer before heading back to the house to make dinner.
The Group at the top of the Mountain
Lisa & I on the Gondola Haddy, Linds & I ready to take on the mountain
Ed, Lindsay & I on the Gondola
Cody and Ryan Apres Ski with Cody, Haddy & Linds
Lasagna was on the menu for dinner and we all worked together to get it made. Afterwards, we played some card games and several rounds of flip cup. We also did a bit of sledding down our stairs. The sky was clear and it was so pretty out. You could see all the stars perfectly. I have always thought of myself as a beach or lake type of person but being in Colorado this past week has really made me appreciate the mountains.

The Girls after Skiing It was Ed and Haddy's 2 Year Anniversary
View of Vail from the Plane

1 comment:

Wynne Elder said...

fun times in Keystone! I went there once during christmas break my freshman year. I love that I have met most of the friends you talk about on your blog - feel like I can imagine how much fun you are having with them! love it!