Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who all seen the leprechaun say yeah....

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Last night, Clark and I went with some friends to Fred's for some green beer and the chance to celebrate a holiday dedicated to my favorite color and of course, St. Patrick. Fred's was pretty crowded and we were actually informed that people began arriving around 3. Needless to say, people were already in pretty good spirits by the time we got there. Haddy and I went to order beers from the bar but they were already out of the $1 green beer. Very sad for us. However, the folks from Miller Lite came in with reinforcements and we were able to enjoy green beer after all. Close Call. Anyway, here are some pictures from last night.

Clark

Chad



Haddy


Ed

Me

Sarah and Brandon

Haddy, Whitney, Becca and Sarah

St. Patrick's Day always reminds me of my favorite youtube video. If you have not yet seen this, please watch as soon as possible. If you have seen this, you should probably watch it again as it is hilarious. The first time I saw this I was actually in the parking lot at Felix's in Mobile, AL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

In keeping with the green spirit, yesterday was also spent doing a little bit of gardening. Both my Grandmother and my Mom have serious green thumbs and I hope I can continue their legacy. I went to Home Depot and planted basil, thyme, mint, cilantro and some peppers. Hopefully they will do well and I can have a garden full of fresh herbs. Not quite sure what you do with mint other than put it in mojitos but come over and I will fix you one. I also planted some spring flowers. We are getting some quotes to landscape our backyard and create a couple of areas that we can plant. Hopefully once that is completed, I will be able to maintain and plant my own flowers moving forward.





1 comment:

Haddy said...

Where da gold at???