Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

What a wonderful weekend! On Friday night, we met up with Beth, Charles, Will and Vern and ate at Yucatan Taco Stand. This place has really good and innovative Mexican style food. It was still pretty difficult to make a food choice since I gave up fried food for lent and that essentially wiped out half of the menu. I ended up going with the beef fajitas at Beth's suggestion and I was not disappointed. We called it an early night and went home after that. Saturday was spent doing absolutely nothing. We went and had lunch at Mi Cocina and then sat on the couch all afternoon/evening watching DVR shows that we needed to catch up on. Our friends, Scott and Brigid were coming in town that evening to spend Easter with his Grandfather so we met up for dinner and flaming margaritas at La Familia. Afterwards, we went to Showdown to have a couple of drinks and play some Foosball.

Once we left, I realized that it was after midnight and was allowed to eat fried food again! Clark graciously took me to Jack in the Box so I could eat some egg rolls (JITB has the BEST egg rolls) and some curly fries. Amazing.

Brigid & I at Showdown

Clark & Scott
On Easter Sunday, we got up about 9 to get ready for Church. The service was really nice and it was fun to see all the little Easter dresses and spring colors. For Brunch, we met Richard and Larkin at Lambert's . I have long heard about how wonderful the brunch is and I am not sure why Clark and I have never been, but it was worth the wait! I can say with no hesitation that this was the best brunch I have ever had. We ate so much. They have a regular walk through buffet but there is also a menu of unlimited items that you can order off of. Between the 4 of us we sampled (in order of preference):
  • Biscuits and Gravy (2 Orders)
  • Goat Cheese and Spinach Omelet
  • Brioche French Toast (2 orders)
  • Prime Rib Eggs Benedict with Chipotle Hollendaise
  • Regular Eggs Benedict
  • Green Chile Grits

On buffet line, they had the most amazing migas and roasted potatoes as well as, smoked salmon (to die for) and prime rib and pork loin. On our table were scones, blueberry muffins and jalepeno cornbread. YUM!!

For dessert, Red Velvet Cake, Coconut Cream Pie and Chocolate Chip Pie. They were all so so good.

Larkin & I putting on good faces after finishing even though we were miserable.
The food was great and the company was even better. Unfortunately, the rest of Sunday we were absolutely worthless- sprawled out on the couch all afternoon and evening but it was definitely worth it! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Wynne Elder said...

Yeah right. I'm NOT next. you are