Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Countertops!

When Clark and I first purchased our home one of the first things we were going to do upon moving in was to replace the countertops with granite. Well, clearly there were several things that came up and a lot of furniture to buy so we ended up moving that project to the back burner. Well I never imagined that it would remain there for 9 months but the time has flown by. Finally, yesterday, we had our countertops replaced!! The old countertops were dark and we have dark flooring and cabinets so I wanted to choose a lighter colored granite to open up and brighten the room. Here are the before pictures: Now for the after pictures, we chose Santa Cecilia as the color granite:

This is the new breakfast bar, I am going to pick up some bar stools today

Next on the list is the back splash and paint. I am hoping to get someone out this week as we are having people over on Saturday but we will see. Clark and I are still not sure exactly what we want. I am so thrilled with the way the granite turned out. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful home; It's really starting to come together!

No comments: