Thursday, June 25, 2009

I heart Waco.

Last weekend, I was honored to be a guest at the Bouche nuptials. Scarlett's mom was getting married so we had a mini reunion in Waco to celebrate. Pam and Mike looked so happy and it was a pleasure to be there and share in their special day.
Scarlett & I

The Girls
There is just something about Waco. I know I went to Baylor for college and spent 4 (and a half) wonderful years in the city but I feel like I took it for granted. I get so anxious driving into town. Serious jitters; sort of like the first-day-of-school jitters. I have no idea why it happens; I think I just get giddy. I miss that my stresses consisted of a Packard Physics Test . I remember thinking that once I had a real job, it would all end because then I wouldn't have homework and I wouldn't have to study for tests anymore. After you left work for the day, you were done. Insert buzzer here. Boy, was I wrong. While, I am generally not a stressed out person, it boggles my mind to consider how naive my thinking was.

Waco has many things to offer; a flowing (sometimes not flowing) Brazos river, some fabulous restaurants (George's & Viteks anyone?) and extensive nightlife (see pics below from Wild West). While I did frequent Georges often during my stay in Waco, whenever I visit- it's a must. It's fun to go and see the new crowd of students partaking in a Baylor rite of passage. This weekend, after the wedding and reception, Alli, Julie and I headed by Georges to grab some food before meeting up with the rest of the group. This is what was ordered. Crazy Wings, Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Fries, Fried Pickles and Baylor Beggar's (2 rounds).

After hitting up the Waco staple, we met the rest of the girls (and Ran, bless his heart) at Scarlett's Mom's house to continue celebrating. It was a scorching day with highs reaching above 100 but that didn't stop us from having a good time. We played flip cup, did a little Cuban Shuffle and caught up with each other. Well into the evening, we headed to Cricket's to kick off the night but after a few minutes decided to take the party to Wild West...Has anyone been to a Graham Central Station or Midnight Rodeo type of place? If so, this was it. Immediately our group was out of place which I think was part of the appeal. We hit the dance floor and made some questionable new friends. See pics below:

Alli, Whitney & I
Scarlett & Jo Ann making new friends
Scarlett & Julie

Whitney & Ran
The Girls & Ran
I had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it all over again at Baylor Homecoming this year!

2 comments:

Wynne Elder said...

I'm so glad you heart Waco, as I do. it's truly an amazing place. so jealous that yall went to George's....yummo. let's do it again for baylor homecoming :) congrats to pam and mike!

Larkin Ade McMillan said...

You were that friend who shared the rainbow bridge. I will be thinking of y'all tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything at all.