Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tchotchke

It has been a year since we lost Tchotchke. She died June 30, 2008 of pancreatic cancer that took her away from us within 2 weeks. She was only 6 years old. She had a great life with us. She went to college with me and was a great companion for me and later Clark. She was so loyal and loving. She loved peanut butter and sleeping. She would do a tap dance when you were about to feed her because she was so excited. When she was a puppy she was stepped on and hobbled occasionally on three legs when it bothered her. She was always a fighter and had the growl to prove it.
I think unless you have a dog it can be hard to understand how much you love them. Clark used to say that Tchotchke was my soul mate. It's hard to talk to people about what happened because unless you go through it, you can't really put it into words. It was ironic that Larkin posted about the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. Our vet and friend Johnny sent us that in a note a couple of days after we put her down. It seems like a cheesy poem but it really helped put me at ease with the situation. I loved her so much and I miss her everyday. Here are some pictures of her life.


Her favorite spot... Sleeping as usual. Posing with her ball...
She LOVED this Christmas collar, no lie, she would duck her head for you to put it on her...
T with Clark and Piper
She loved laying out in the sun.
So glad she got to see our house, she would have loved the yard...
Last family pic.

2 comments:

Larkin Ade McMillan said...

Such a sweet post. They are our soul mates and make our lives so much happy with them in it and their memories.

Scar said...

I can't believe it has been a year. I miss her so much too and am so grateful I got to know her - Thank you for sharing her with me.

Love you both.